ss_blog_claim=2009109d2b289b3ead7325a0debe894a

Superb Young Guitar Player Sungha Jung

Posted by David D'Angelo | 8/10/2008 10:08:00 AM | , , | 5 comments »
ShareThis

While searching for good songs and videos in YouTube I stumbled upon the video of this young Korean kid named Sungha Jung and was amazed at how he plays the guitar. So amazed that I even saw his own rendition of Anak or Child by Freddie Aguilar. One of the songs that also amazed me was his rendition of More Than Wods. Here's Sungha Jung with More Than Word.


An amazing guitar player at a very young age. He may not be that good or he may not be playing perfect tempos yet for all his songs but the thing is for his age he was one superb guitar player.

MUSIC QUALITY : 9
PERFORMANCE : 9
STAR QUALITY (possible ability to become a star or artist): 9
POPULARITY : 6
RECOMMENDATION : 10
TOTAL RATING : 8.60

Here is an except introduction from the guitarist himself:

Hi, I'm Sungha Jung from South Korea. My dream is to become a professional acoustic fingerstyle guitarist.

I had been watching my dad play the guitar for awhile before I finally jumped on it myself two years ago. I just turned eleven in September, 2007.

Currently, I am taking weekly classical guitar lessons and teaching myself fingerstyle guitar.

I used to not have tabs for the music that I played in my videos. I just listen and pick them up directly from the sound source in videos available on the internet. However, recently, I have started playing with original tabs whenever they are available to me by courtesy of the authors...
Now here are more performances by Sungha Jung to lighten up your day and let us start it with his rendition of Freddie Aguilar's Anak...


Anak


The Boxer


Living On A Prayer


I Believe I Can Fly


Mission Impossible


FOR MORE VIDEOS OF SUNGHA JUNG CLICK HERE.

5 comments

  1. kimmysharinglight // August 10, 2008 at 5:42 PM

    What a great surprise! Thank you for sharing!

    love, Kimmy

  2. Perky // August 10, 2008 at 7:01 PM

    I loved him playing U2's With or Without You. This boy is simply amazing!

  3. Shen // August 10, 2008 at 11:20 PM

    I am really surprised and astound by this kid that is why I posted it here so that more people will know and hopefully he will indeed be playing to more people and he become an inspiration to others.

    Thanks for the comments!

  4. Strider // August 11, 2008 at 10:56 AM

    Marvelous kid! Its a great find. That song he did "More than words" was actually the "national anthem" of our graduating batch in college back then. I really enjoyed watching and listening. Thanks for sharing!

  5. Shen // August 12, 2008 at 12:01 AM

    Your welcome... I am sharing this because this kid... Sungha Jung is one pure talent.