ss_blog_claim=2009109d2b289b3ead7325a0debe894a
ShareThis

I remember 3 weeks ago, I read a review about Will Smith's Hancock saying that it maybe one of the worst movies of Will Smith. His acting was even criticized as being mediocre. Just now I have finished watching Hancock and I would 100% tell all those who said that this is a flop and bad movie that they do not know how to really see a movie that is beautiful, artistically made and deserves 10 stars and two thumbs up.

Why did I say that those detracting Hancock is wrong read on...

Hancock is a movie which had moved me and taught me so much about life. The movie says so much about the hero in each of us. It is not just a movie of science fiction but depicts the present condition of the world. A condition where there are heroes of all sorts but who refuses to play their role and instead become the misery of others.


Hancock Official Trailer


Ray Embrey (Jason Bateman) was the epitomy of a normal person who want to change the world and do good while Hancock (Will Smith) is the superhero which could already do something. It is a representation of society where those people who can already do something are not doing anything while small people are trying to make the changes.

Will Smith's character is perfect. It touches the hearts of the audience. I would like to tell those who are saying that he did not give justice to his role because he indeed gave so much justice to it. It can be lined up to his other movies. Will Smith had done it again and had touched the core of each of our hearts through this movie.

  • STORY: 10 - means the depth of the story and the overall plot.
  • CHARACTERS: 10 - this pertains to the ability of the characters to portray their roles.
  • COHERENCE: 10 - ability of the story to be coherent as the episode progresses.
  • DEPTH: 10 - the effectiveness of the story to relay the full plot and to show the story of each character.
  • MUSIC: 10 - effective use of music in the story.
  • VISUAL EFFECTS: 10 - amount and effectiveness of special effects.
  • POPULARITY: 10 - relative popularity of the story/tv series.
  • RECOMMENDATION: 10 - my recommendation
  • TOTAL RATING: 10

  • Yes, you are reading it right. It is indeed a perfect 10 for Hancock. I do not care what Rotten Tomatoes is saying and the readers gave it only a 5.3/10. I would also like to debunk those who rate it 49/100 at Metacritic. FOr me, personally this is one movie that we should all watch. Highly recommended for the young as well as the adult.

    It is even better than the Dark Knight. Why? Hancock spreads hope and unity... a message in which our world badly needs right now.

    So if you have not yet watched Hancock please do.

    4 comments

    1. Bas // August 12, 2008 at 4:57 PM

      I thought it was rather boring to be honest. No real depth or story development either. Too predictable :-\

    2. Shen // August 13, 2008 at 8:42 AM

      I disagree on your point. FOr me there was no boring moment. Perhaps I see the real depth and message of the story. It was different from the usual superhero movie.

      It shows sacrifice and for me similarities to what the world is now. It is one of the best movies that I have seen.

    3. Dwacon® // August 17, 2008 at 11:19 PM

      Looking forward to the sequel!

    4. Shen // August 20, 2008 at 7:27 AM

      Same here... really looking forward to what will happen next to the two heroes in the movie.