ss_blog_claim=2009109d2b289b3ead7325a0debe894a

The X FIles: I Want To Believe The Boring Stuff

Posted by David D'Angelo | 1/23/2009 04:53:00 PM | | 0 comments »
ShareThis

While passing along time I did watch The X Files: I Want to Believe in my laptop. The topic of the movie was about stem cell research. It is the case of a doctor doing a modern Frankenstein work. In his work he gets the blood of people and does the work through merging the necks of patients. Agent Molder and Agent Skelly are up again to search for the missing fellow agent and also find out what is happening. In the search for answers someone who seems to have a gift of finding people and their bodies were aiding them. An interesting plot which as the movie progresses gets lost and gets buried deep.

This movie lacks the excitement and suspense of the X-Files TV series. It makes a turn on what the series tackles about. When you talk about X Files, the common connotation is about finding alien life forms and other out of this world phenomena but when you watch this movie it seems that it turns out to be a regular case of crime and suspense. The plot lacks excitement and if you will be watching it at night there is a danger that you will get sleepy.

The mix of love interest, detective story and the old Frankenstein research seems to be a bad mix. Although I may say I have a hard time understanding the audio at first because I still have to adjust the sound of my laptop so that I can hear it audibly, I find the movie forced. The release of another installment for this series seems to be something done just to say that there is a new movie rather than focusing on how viewers will react to the storyline.


X-Files - I want to believe (2008) High Quality Trailer



  • STORY: 5 - means the depth of the story and the overall plot.
  • CHARACTERS: 6 - this pertains to the ability of the characters to portray their roles.
  • COHERENCE: 6 - ability of the story to be coherent as the episode progresses.
  • DEPTH: 4 - the effectiveness of the story to relay the full plot and to show the story of each character.
  • MUSIC: 5 - effective use of music in the story.
  • VISUAL EFFECTS: 4 - amount and effectiveness of special effects.
  • POPULARITY: 6 - relative popularity of the story/tv series.
  • RECOMMENDATION: 3 - my recommendation
  • TOTAL RATING: 4.88


  • So if you are going to watch this for enjoyment or if you enjoy the X-Files TV series, you might be up for an upset in this one.

    I want to believe that it was done in good taste but to me it seems the opposite. Sorry for the negative review but I am just being honest. This one is definitely a bad movie although the view about this depends on the taste and preference of the one watching it


    Also Visit My Other Blogs
    | Newz Around Us | Ordinary People, Ordinary Day |


    0 comments