ss_blog_claim=2009109d2b289b3ead7325a0debe894a
ShareThis

When I was young it seems that life is too cruel to me. There are many things that I encountered which gave me pain and which I cannot understand. The truth is I tried committing suicide several times but then my grandfather gave me a family tree. That is the first time that I have seen the DELANO FAMILY TREE which contain the names of Charlemagne and Franklin Delano Roosevelt.

Would I just end up as a troubled kid and disgrace my ancestors and forebears? From thereon my life changes and my heart burns with so much life and compassion.

I might not be perfect. I might not even be the most faithful person in the world. I might not even be the most morally upright person but if there is one thing for sure I am making the best out of every single day in my life be it online or offline.

I never stop trying to inspire people... to talk to them... reach out to them... and ignite their own fire in their heart.

We all have our own fires which we only need to realize that igniting it gives us the real joy of living our purpose in this world.

Franklin Delano Roosevelt had been hailed as one of the greatest Presidents of the United States. For 4 consecutive terms or 16 years he was undefeated and he was respected and well loved.


Charlemagne of Charlesmartel was regarded not only as the founding father of both French and German monarchies, but also as the father of Europe: his empire united most of Western Europe for the first time since the Romans, and the Carolingian renaissance encouraged the formation of a common European identity.

It was something that is worth living and footsteps worth following. I might not be as rich nor as established as they are but I will make sure that our family's legacy also lives through me and my kids.

Most of the time I also kept on thinking of actually using Delano as my surname rather than D'Angelo since I want to continue our family's line and heritage.

So it is indeed a life of service to the people and ensuring that truth and justice prevails... this is the Delano legacy.


Also Visit My Other Blogs
| Newz Around Us | Ordinary People, Ordinary Day |

2 comments

  1. Nina Terol-Zialcita // December 28, 2009 at 3:22 PM

    WOW!!! Hmmm... Maybe I'll also look up MY own roots :) Thanks for sharing! You've got great blood running in your veins!

  2. David D'Angelo // December 28, 2009 at 4:43 PM

    Knowing about ypour roots makes you inspired and strive to achieve more.