ss_blog_claim=2009109d2b289b3ead7325a0debe894a

My Battle with Bell's Palsy, Work and Life

Posted by David D'Angelo | 10/23/2015 10:28:00 AM | , | 2 comments »
ShareThis


Life cannot be a straight line.  You cannot enjoy happiness everyday for there are people that will ruin that and there are problems and hindrances that will challenge you each day.  From 2011-2013, I can say I have a challenging but stable life I think - a job, my family, a home, and someone that I love.  In fact after more than 9 years I was reunited with my kids.  Then at the middle of 2013 and then 2014 my life started to fall apart.

2013, was the end of my work at PeaceTech so I have to find a new work and I did find one but it did not last since things did not work well.  In June, the greatest challenge to my life happened and I was left broken hearted.  My personal life went in a whirlwind.

August 2013, I was employed again finally.  I did all I can but then by October 2013 things did not turn out well and on my birthday that day, I lost my job.  Worst thing is my employed did not pay me a whooping P25,000.

The worst came in December 1, 2013 when I woke up and I cannot move half of my face.  I cannot even drink and I cannot even eat.  It was Bell's Palsy and sort of a mild stroke.  Despite not having any money I have to undergo treatment so that I will be able to continue my life and have a job. However, I cannot make my treatment continuous since I cannot really pay it, I cannot look for a job since no one would hire me.  Well, I tried but no one would really hire me.

With no job and with my sickness, all that I can think of is to practically beg money and help from all the friends I know.  I would message them on Facebook, send sms to them and ask them for money so that we can eat and even pay the rent.  Many times as my kids eat, I would pretend that I am find but there were a lot of days that I would eat just once or none at all.

In May 2014, I lost everything and we were evicted from our house.  I had to agree to a loan which even at high interest I have to take or else we will end up on the streets.

I did have a hope that time because there was an event that we organized and people pledge their support.  They told me they would get sponsors but soon I realized that nothing would came and all of those were just words.  My family and I were left to figure things out on how we would live despite the situation.

Luckily, things would end up going good again.  We decided to live in a place where my ex-wife's parents were living and they helped us get through.  They practically fed us together with friends that I pester and beg to send us some money so that we can continue living.


We were still lucky because the love that I lost returned and finally on August 2014, I found a job and was hired.  Even if the job was far from my place I would take it not for me but for my family to live again.  I have to endure travel for 6 hours a day, less sleep, less time with my kids and managing a meager budget with very limited choices of food to eat.  There are still points when I will not eat or would hope that I will not be charged on the bus so that I can save money.

I cannot pay people immediately on what I owe them because otherwise my family would suffer but I never forget them because they helped me.  My life, I hope will be better and someday I would be able to repay all the goodness that had been given to us, and all the money that we ower.  For now... I just hope that people would understand the struggle that all of us went through.

Life is cruel, it is a never ending challenge but at the same time... it is beautiful.




Visit My Blogs:
Products Blog The Life Trends Online Magazine Otaku Cosplay PH  BizH2o

Follow me on:
Facebook Twitter: @shenbrood Instagram: shenbrood Tumblr Google+

2 comments

  1. Diana Cummings // May 28, 2016 at 11:37 PM


    Admin, if not okay please remove!

    Our facebook group “selfless” is spending this month spreading awareness on prostate cancer & research with a custom t-shirt design. Purchase proceeds will go to cancer.org, as listed on the shirt and shirt design.

    www.teespring.com/prostate-cancer-research

    Thanks

  2. Lokashree sam // March 22, 2017 at 7:40 PM

    It was a great information and Its really worth reading it. The author did an mind blowing work by describing each and every concept in detail. Thanks for such an informative post. Please keep up your good work.
    ECE Colleges in Chennai